We have tried to answer some of the questions we are frequently asked below for you. Should the question you have not be detailed please do not hesitate to contact us and we will assist wherever we can.
- Q) What documents will I need to bring with me when hiring a vehicle from you?
- A) You are required to bring your complete UK driving licence. If you hold a foreign driving licence, you must present this together with an International Driving Licence. In addition to your driving licence, you will need to present two other means of identification. We recommend you bring either a recent utility bill, bank statement or an official letter, showing your current address.
- Q) Can I take your vehicle abroad?
- A) Yes, we do offer continental hire. Special terms apply for taking vehicles outside the UK. Please call (0191) 373 4363 for full details.
- Q) What happens if I break down?
- A) In the unlikely event of a breakdown, all our vehicles are covered by our RAC breakdown policy. With your rental pack, you will be provided with our 24-
hour emergency telephone number to call in case of breakdown or emergency. All efforts will be made to get you back on the road as soon as possible. A replacement vehicle will be provided if necessary.
- Q) Do I need a special licence to drive a large van or truck?
- A) With a normal UK driving licence you are permitted to drive vehicles up to 7.5 tons. For any vehicle 7.5 tons and above you require a relevant licence. (shown as C1 or C1e) If in any doubt please call (0191) 373 4363.
- Q) I wish for my hire vehicle to be left at a location of my choice?
- A) We can provide a limited meet-
and- greet service for our clients in Co. Durham. Please call (0191) 373 4363 for more details about this service and it’s availability.
- Q) Do you hire vehicles to people over 70?
- A) Yes we do. Although please call us ahead so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Q) I am moving /travelling to London, how do I pay the congestion charge?
- A) There are a number of ways to pay the London Congestion Charge:
- Online: pay by credit or debit card via the website at www.cclondon.com. Always check your vehicle registration details are entered correctly.
- Telephone: pay by credit or debit card via the TFL Call Centre on 0845 900 1234 which is open from 6am till midnight Sunday to Friday and from 6am till 10pm on Saturday. Always check your vehicle registration details are entered correctly.
- Mobile phone text message: You can pay the charge on your day of travel by sending a simple text message from your mobile phone (you need to pre register for the SMS service), with your credit or debit card details. Please visit the website at www.cclondon.com or contact TFL on 0845 900 1234 for further details.
- Retail outlets: pay in cash at newsagents, convenience stores and petrol stations where you see the congestion charging sign or the PayPoint logo (some retailers may also accept payment by cheque and credit or debit card at their discretion). Always check your vehicle registration details are entered correctly.
service machines: pay by credit or debit card at self- service machines in major public car parks within charging zone and other selected locations. Always check your vehicle registration details are entered correctly.
- Q) What happens if I am am caught speeding / get a parking ticket or other enforcement notice?
- A) You are fully responsible for all road tolls and any fines or other consequences of the violation of traffic regulations (including congestion charges), parking orders or prohibitions, or any other laws or regulations, during the rental. If we are required to pay such road tolls, fines, congestion charges or associated costs, you agree that we may charge you with the amount of any fine plus a £30 inc. VAT administration charge for dealing with these matters.